Olympics Rio 2016 is the biggest buzz of the moment and the fact that over 11,000 athletes from 207 nations of the world are all competing for a win, is even more fascinating. This goes to affirm the popular saying that ‘winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing – Vince Lombardi.
Virtually everyone loves to win but not many know how to. Winning in life requires strategies. For us believers, the Word of God is our winning strategy; it is the victory! I John 5:4 tells us that faith is the victory and faith comes from the Word (Rom 10:17), so the Word is the victory. But we have an extraordinary Strategist in the person of the Holy Spirit; who uses the Word to map out winning strategies for us. He is very much interested in our winning in life. II Corth 2:14 tells us that He constantly leads us in victory parades! So, the ways of the Spirit are winning ways and His strategies are winning strategies. He doesn’t just lead us in the way of victories alone; He also commands victories for us – Psalm 44:4. You will be doing yourself great favour by following Him, that is, if you’ll like to experience a chain reaction of victories/wins in your life.
In today’s post, we shall be sharing 7 winning ways/tips that can be applied when facing challenges:
- Go for the Word of God – The Word of God is the way out of every precarious situation. That’s why our LeahSeries is designed to point you to the Word. The Word is a working tool of the kingdom. The Holy Spirit, believers and angels, all operate within the tenets of the Word. If you want to constantly walk in victory, then do yourself a favour – first of, Eat the Word! When you allow the Word to dwell richly in you, you give the Holy Spirit enough material to work with. It is also important that you yield to the Holy Spirit and give Him room to work with this raw material in your life. Secondly, Use the Word!! Use it to activate/boost your faith and create desired outcomes. If you choose to stand on the Word, you won’t be standing for too long.
- Quit the-why-me-syndrome – We come from the lineage of champions and the why-me-syndrome is not our native language; it is alien to our family. Develop the victor’s mindset, get on the offensive and fight the good fight of faith! Train your mind to cooperate with your spirit to enforce victories like the victor that you already are. Your victory in Christ Jesus is an eternal reality. It is not a function of your present circumstances. That the bible calls the martyrs over-comers should tell you something about the kind of victory you have in Christ – not even death can dispute this victory. This was the kind of mindset the heroes of faith had that made them outstanding.
- Deadness – Dictionary defines deadness as the quality of being unresponsive and non-reactive to something or someone. Exercising victory over challenges entails mastering the act of deadness – refusing to acknowledge the problem. Please note that it is not the same as living in denial. Deadness as inferred, is simply refusing to allow problems dictate the course of your life. Abraham demonstrated this truth – scripture tells us ‘…he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb’ (Rom 4:19). Although, the facts/reports before them showed they were infertile as a couple, yet he refused to consider/acknowledge it. That is deadness! Child of God, a dead man fears no death! Deadness entails taking charge by speaking positive changes to your situation and refusing to negotiate with Satan! You look at Satan’s eyeballs and say, ‘Is this the best you can do? GO TO HELL’!
- Perseverance – Perseverance is the quality of keeping on despite difficulties. It is a virtue. Winners are not people who never fail but people who never quit. Never give up on fervently serving God because of the vicissitudes of life. You hear some believers say, ‘I’m not going to church again because God ‘refused’ to show up on so and so matter…’ That’s the attitude of spiritual babes. Grown men keep keeping on!
- Hope – Hope is an aggressive expectancy. It is a strong belief that what you want will happen. Hope is trusting even when there’s no silver lining in the cloud. When you know beyond knowing that Hope never fails or disappoints, you will not be moved and will live in perpetual victory over Satan. By the way, the righteous are not moved!
- Prayer – Praying in the Spirit (speaking in tongues) strengthens you, edifies you, charges you up like a battery (energizes you) thereby, keeps you in charge. When you pray in tongues, you pray the exact will of God for your life and shape/align situations in your favour. Generally, prayer creates an ambiance of God’s manifest presence around you. Offering prayers of thanksgiving to God and interceding for those in similar situations can be very effective.
- Joy – Joy is a state of Holy Ghost infused ecstasy. When you’ve prayed and believed for change of circumstances based on the Word of God, garnish it with joyous praise and thanksgiving. Joy makes the devil mad and shuts him up & out. Phil 4:4 says, “Rejoice, again I say rejoice. Learn to laugh like your Father-God or better still, laugh in the Holy Ghost often. Celebrate even when there’s nothing to celebrate. Joyous celebration born out of deep gratitude to God (despite challenges) is an assort rifle that exerts victory.
Your identity in the spirit realm is that of a winner. Challenges are inevitable but being confident of the truth that God has already made a way of escape for you is paramount. God sees and knows your challenges and is more than willing to deliver you from them. Challenges are temporary; most times, it is the gate-pass to our upliftment and announcement in life. God doesn’t just want us to be comforted when facing challenges; He wants us exercising victory over them.
Image Credit: QuoteAddict.